Wolves 1 Newcastle 1: Allan Saint-Maximin scores stunning last-gasp volley to keep up Toon’s unbeaten r… – The US Sun

ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN hit a dramatic volley in the last minute of normal time to rescue a point for Newcastle at Molineux.
It looked like the Magpies were heading for their first defeat of the season as they fell flat after Ruben Neves' own spectacular long-range opener in the 38th minute.
Newcastle superstar ASM with a stunning goal on loop forever #NUFC pic.twitter.com/pfE6tSGYXr
But there is magic in the feet of Saint-Maximin as he sent the travelling Toon Army wild with delight.
Fingers will point at sub Hwang Hee Chan, who had only been on the pitch five minutes when he attempted a volleyed clearance from the byline.
It was miscued and the ball fell from the sky to Saint-Maximin just outside the area and he could not have caught it sweeter on the volley giving Jose Sa no chance.
It was his first goal since January 15th and after running to the bench in celebration he fell to his knees and pointed to the sky.
In eight minutes of injury time, Newcastle almost snatched it.
Saint Maximin sprinted into the area and had a shot well saved.
Then from a corner sub Elliot Anderson and Neves went for the same ball and a combination of the two sent the ball onto the bar.
With the clock now ticking towards ten added minutes, Newcastle were awarded a free kick just outside the area as Molineux held its breath.

Schar took it low and the ball flew past the post as the whistle went.
Still, a win and three draws marks their best start to a season since 2011.
Indeed for Newcastle, this felt like a win having fallen a bit flat following their thrilling 3-3 draw with Champions Manchester City the previous week.
They were deprived of striker Callum Wilson and the inspirational Bruno Guimaraes due to injury.
New record buy Alexander Isak was stuck in the stands because a work permit could not be sorted out in time following his £58million move from Real Sociedad.
Chris Wood is simply not good enough to fill the gap up front.
Still, they started well enough and will have felt hard done by to go in at the break a goal down.
Wearing their Saudi colours of green and white, they had a chance after only four minutes.
Joelinton pushed a ball through for Wood who took it to one side of the goalkeeper and shot from a tight angle but Sa dived to his right and blocked the effort.
Wolves quickly responded when Ruben Neves pinged a brilliant ball out to the right on the volley to Goncalo Guedes.
His cross into the box found Pedro Neto outpacing Sven Botman, but his flick past the advancing Nick Pope had too much on it and landed on the roof of the net.
Back at the other end and Joe Willock missed a sitter.
Kieran Trippier’s long throw into the box bounced around before Wood’s shot deflected to Willock who from four yards out unmarked poked his shot wide of the near post.
The chances kept coming.
Nathan Collins lost the ball on the edge of his box, Saint-Maximin was on it squared for Wood to tee up Sean Longstaff but his effort was deflected wide.
Saint-Maximin threw his arms up in despair as if to ask when this pressure was going to result in a goal.
They were made to pay as Wolves went ahead through a Neves special.
Neto fired the ball across the Newcastle box to Goncalo Guedes on the left and he pulled it back to an unmarked Neves steaming in.
From 22 yards out he released a thunderous drive that Nick Pope could not reach at full stretch.
Of the 25 goals, Neves has scored for Wolves 16 of them have been from outside the area.
It was Wolves' first goal in 302 minutes of Premier League football since Daniel Podence’s sixth-minute opener on day one against Leeds.
The visitors went in search of the equaliser from the start of the second half.
Indeed the Geordie fans on the far side thought they had grabbed it when Almiron’s cross deflected off Collins and rippled the netting.
It was the side netting however and then when Schar got forward and had a go his shot was deflected wide.
Howe made changes but nothing was working.
Wolves were even celebrating a second on 81 minutes when Neto charged away and crossed low to the far post for Jimenez to slot away.
But Neto had barged into Fraser in winning the ball and referee Peter Bankes was asked by VAR Lee Mason to have another look at it and the goal was chalked off.
It was the let-off Newcastle needed. They don’t give in.
Long after the final whistle, it was those in black and white still singing as they left Molineux.
Miniminter hits HAT-TRICK as Sidemen win 15-goal THRILLER
Mum begs FA 'don't let Ronaldo get away with it' after he smashed son's phone
Hosts clinch win after Dodi's spectacular bicycle kick hits bar
Georgina reveals death of baby with Ronaldo was 'worst moment of my life'


2 thoughts on “Wolves 1 Newcastle 1: Allan Saint-Maximin scores stunning last-gasp volley to keep up Toon’s unbeaten r… – The US Sun”

  1. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and simply couldn’t come across. What a great website.


Leave a Comment